Capstone Entrepreneurialism is designed as an intensive, multi-dimensional and integrative course to provide UCR students with in-depth understanding of the theoretical, methodological and practical aspects of Entrepreneurialism, as well as some public policy dimensions.
The aim of Capstone Entrepreneurialism is to allow the students to:
- develop an in-depth understanding of the most important models, frameworks and tools in the area of Entrepreneurialism, and their application in Business Entrepreneurship and Social Entrepreneurship,
- recognise the complexity, challenges and risks that are inherent to the entrepreneurial process,
- understand the specific characteristics of the Entrepreneurial Mind-Set, and eventually develop an Entrepreneurial Mind-Set,
- recognise the impact and importance of Entrepreneurship for economic growth at regional and national level,
- evaluate critically an entrepreneurial undertaking,
- apply Entrepreneurship concepts and tools in real business cases in the area of Business Entrepreneurship and/or Social Entrepreneurship, and possibly in a real company context,
- get acquainted with a real start-up community and eventually get involved in research or practical assignment in some of the start-up companies or other organisations in province Zeeland,
- develop an in-depth understanding of the critical factors for success in Entrepreneurship and illustrate them with a review of several case studies in the area of Business Entrepreneurship and/or Social Entrepreneurship.
- Teacher: Rossitza Rousseva